The Taunton Development Corporation is a non-profit private corporation responsible for the continuing development, marketing, management and maintenance of the Myles Standish Industrial Park and the Liberty and Union Industrial Park.
Board of Directors
President: Louis M. Ricciardi
Vice President/Treasurer: Victor P. Santos
Clerk: John White
Frederic J. Cornaglia
John W. Leddy
Board Members by Virtue of their Positions
Mayor City of Taunton: Shaunna O’Connell
Taunton Municipal Council President: Kelly Dooner
Emeritus Board Members
Robert W. Boyden
E. Dennis Kelly
Edward A. Roster
Richard L. Shafer, Project Manager
Judith N. Cleathero, Office Manager
Taunton Industrial Development Commission:
- Liaison services to the City, State and Federal Agencies
- Retention and expansion of local industry through assisting them to improve competitiveness and efficient operation by introduction to – new means of financing, technological improvements, source of qualified employees, and applicable training resources.
- The recruitment of new companies through the marketing and promotion of Taunton as a City which is business receptive with available property and services for industrial growth.
- And, continual review of City property and services to provide for present and future industrial expansion.
- Maintenance and upgrade of the City Economic Development and Taunton Development Corporation web sites.
Taunton Industrial Development Financing Authority:
- A City agency providing industry with referral to financial sources such as MassDevelopment; SEED, as well as local and regional banks.
Office of Economic and Community Development:
- Responsible to the Mayor and the Office of Economic and Community Development Executive Director for the City of Taunton Economic Development Program coordination and implementation, including, but not limited to retention and expansion of existing businesses; recruitment of new businesses; research and maintain an inventory of available land and existing pace; develop or participate in marketing programs; establish business outreach programs directly or in conjunction with existing organizations such as the Taunton Industrials Development Commission, the Taunton Development Corporation, the Taunton Area Chamber of Commerce, Heart of Taunton, Neighborhood Corporation, etc.; and liaison to other local, regional, state, and federal economic development agencies.